- The bulk of the Almandine garnet in the international market comes from Australia and India. In India, the domestic consumption of garnet is very limited (less than 5%) and is mainly for manufacture of micronised garnet powder.
- More than 95% of garnet produced in the country is exported.
- The bulk of the garnet exported (more than 90%) from the country till date is from Tamilnadu.
- TGI has a market share of 30-40% of garnet exports from India.
- TGI has secured merit certificates from CAPEXIL in recognition of its export performances consecutively for four years from 1998-2002.
- TGI has been awarded the first prize for exporting maximum number of containers through Tuticorin port during 1999-2000 by the Chamber of Commerce & Industry.
- TGI has secured prizes for adapting best mining practices from the Indian Bureau of Mines (IBM) for past five years.
- TGI has secured prizes for export of minimum container to Tuticorin Port from the Indian Chamber of Commerce & Industry for past three years.